We all love Indian food. There’s so much to explore in an Indian food menu. The mouth watering taste of Indian food has crossed the borders of India & spread to all parts of the world, which has always welcomed interesting new Indian cuisines. One of the main reasons for this is the rich variety of an Indian food menu with all its different curries & chutneys that are so easy to fall in love with.
Here are some foods in the Indian menu people love to relish in different regions of the country:
- Lassi – a popular, traditional, yogurt-based drink . It is a blend of yogurt and water.
- Aam panna – made from raw mango.
- Sattu pani – famous in North India.
- Sharbat – drink that has many variants.
- Ramula – a drink made from sweet potato.
- Pudina sharbat – made from mint.
- Badam milk – almond-flavoured milk.
- Kesar milk – saffron-flavoured milk.
- Kahwah – common drink in cold regions of Jammu and Kashmir.
West Indian Food menu
- Amti – a Lentil curry with Split lentils.
- Modak – A Maharashtrian sweet dish made of steamed rice flour with coconut and jaggery filling.
- Barfi – Sweet
- Gajar halwo – Sweet. Carrot Halwa.
- Pav Bhaji – Mixed curry of onion, capsicum, peas and cauliflower potatoes
- Vada pav – Burger. Gram flour, potatoes, chilli, garlic, ginger.
South Indian food menu:
- Idli – Steamed cake of fermented rice and flour.
- Dosa – Pancake/Hopper. Ground rice, urad dal
- Masala Dosa – Dosa with masala and potato.
- Kanji – a rice porridge
- Uttapam – Rice pancake/hopper with a topping of onions and tomatoes and coconut.
- Biryani – Mixed rice dish, optional spices, optional vegetables or meats . It can be served with plain yogurt.
- Chicken 65 – Popular deep fried chicken preparation with onion and ginger.
East Indian food menu:
- Cheera doi – A breakfast cereal.
- Dhup pitha – A sweet Assamese specialty
- Sunga pitha – A Sweet Assamese specialty
- Ilish bhapa – Ilish or prawn, coconut, mustard, steamed. Traditional Bengali Dish
- Kabiraj – A popular non-vegetarian Indian dish in eastern India prepared using chicken and fish.
- Misti doi – A dessert with curd, sugar syrup and /or jaggery. Bengali Sweet curd.
- Pani pitha – Sweet Assamese specialty
- Pantua – Assamese sweet similar to Gulab Jamun
- Rasgulla – A dessert with cottage cheese, flour and sugar syrup.
- Goja – A Sweet Bengali Specialty
- Sondesh – A dessert with milk and sugar. A signature Bengali Dish
North Indian food menu :
- Pani puri –a typical Indian tadka
- Butter chicken – originating in the Indian subcontinent, of chicken in a mildly spiced tomato sauce.
- Chicken Tikka – Chicken with spices served on a skewer
- Paneer tikka masala – vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala
- Paneer butter masala – Paneer made with Indian Cheese. Paneer is substituted for meat in Vegetarian dishes
- Tandoori Fish Tikka – Fish marinated in lime, garlic and ginger and cooked over an open fire
- Kadai paneer – Paneer and green peppers in tomato gravy
- Bhatura – A fluffy deep-fried bread originating from the Indian subcontinent.
- Kheer – Rice cooked with milk and dry fruits
Jalebi – A North Indian twisted sweet dish dipped in sugar syrup